Thank you for showing interest in our website. Safeguarding your privacy is a priority for us. Here, you’ll find comprehensive details regarding the data we manage, the storage procedures, and the legitimate reasons behind our data handling practices. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like your data to be removed, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data protection officer
Data on third party hosting partner
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. SSL is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client – typically a web server (website) and a browser. SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. This information in not accessible through the public internet. The server we use is located in Paris, France, within the European Union. On this server, order information and personal information is stored and will be kept infinitely for account, administration, VAT and TAX purposes.
Data collection and utilisation for contract administration purposes and for opening a customer account
We collect personal data when it is freely provided by you within the context of placing an order, making contact with us (e.g. by e-mail) or when opening a customer account. The specific data gathered is that provided on the various information forms. We use the data – your name, surname and e-mail – provided by you for contract administration purposes and to process your queries. Once the contract has been processed in full or your customer account has been deleted, your data is blocked to prevent any further utilisation and will be deleted on expiry of the mandatory retention periods set out in fiscal and commercial regulations, provided you have not expressly agreed to the further use of your data or we retain the right to further exploit your data in accordance with the law, of which we are obliged to inform you.
You may cancel your customer account at any time via the contact facility set out below or via the function provided for this purpose within your customer account.
Data transfer for contract completion purposes
For the fulfilment of contract, we will transfer your data to the shipping company commissioned with delivery if necessary for the delivery of ordered goods. Collected personal data will be your address, country, IP address and optional your VAT ID. Also the method of payment and the e-mails address used for payment processing will be collected.
Depending on the payment service provider selected during the order process, we will pass on the payment data required for payment to the financial institution and possibly the payment service provider commissioned by us or the payment service provider selected by you. In part, the selected payment service providers may collect the data directly should you open an account with them. In such a case, you will have to register with your login data of the payment service provider during the order process. The data protection declaration of each respective payment service provider shall apply in such cases.
If you place an order on our website, and choose to pay by credit card, the transaction is handled using PayPal, both third-party payment vendors. To secure your information, both use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All credit card information is communicated between the browser and PayPal directly, and not through our servers.
Data processing for the purposes of payment
As part of the payment process in our online shop, we work together with these partners: technical service provider, credit institution, payment service provider.
- We may forward other data to our service providers, which they use for the purpose of fraud prevention and to optimise our payment processes (e.g. invoicing, processing of contested payments, accounting support) together with the data necessary to process the payment as our processors. This serves to safeguard our legitimate interests in fraud prevention or an efficient payment management in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests.
Use of Google Analytics for web analysis purposes
Like many sites, we use Google Analytics to track how our site is used. Google Analytics. a web analysis service provided by Google Inc, uses methods which enable an analysis of your use of the website, through cookies for example, text files stored on your computer. The information created about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the US and saved there. Activating the IP anonymisation on this website will cause the IP address to be shortened before transfer within the member states of the European Union or in other contract states of the agreement about European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The anonymous IP address transferred from your browser to Google Analytics will not be joined with other data logged by Google.
Third parties involved in our process
We will not share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of marketing their products, but we share your personal information with companies that provide us with support services in conducting our business, operating the website. This includes Paypal, and Mailchimp. We share your personal information only if these companies require such information to perform their functions. We do not authorize these companies to use your personal information for any other purpose. We will share your personal information with the appropriate authorities if we believe in good faith that doing so is required by law or court order, to protect our rights or property, or to protect the safety of our users or the public. We also share your personal information with our accountant, for VAT and TAX purposes.
To sum up all third parties involved in our process (some of them mentioned already):
- Payments in our online shop are processed by PayPal.
- To communicate new products, upgrades, work in progress and foundry related stuff, we use the platforms of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But we don’t have any Social Plugin running on our website and we don’t gather information from followers on these platforms.
Right of access and contact facility
You are entitled to access your personal information stored by us at no charge, including the right to correct, block or delete such data. Please use the contact details provided in our legal notice should you have any queries concerning the collection, processing or exploitation of your personal data, or should you wish to access, correct, block or delete any data, or should you wish to withdraw any approval provided for or object any use of such data.
We will then delete all information we hold in connection with your account which is no longer necessary to keep. Some information we have to hold because of VAT or TAX reasons, or to provide necessary licensing information to the respective font copyright holder.
Right of objection
As a customer you have the following rights:
- You have the right to view your processed personal data that is used by us, according to Art. 15 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- you have the right to immediate correction of wrong information about you or updating incomplete information, according to Art. 16 DSGVO.
- You have the right, according to Art. 17 DSGVO, to have the personal data deleted as long as the data is not relevant:
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfill a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
- You have the right to to require the restriction of the processing of your personal data, sccording to Art. 18 DSGVO, as long as
- the accuracy of the data is disputed by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion;
- we no longer need the data, but you need it for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or
- you entered an rejected to the processing according to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- You have the right to have the data you supplied transferred to you in a readable Format, or have it transferred to another responsible party, according to Art. 20 DSGVO
- You have the right to complain to the inspecting authorities, according to Art. 77 DSGVO.
You can object to the usage of your data as explained above when the data is used for direct marketing. As long as the data is used for other purposes the right to object is only valid when proved with substantial reasons applying to your situation.
After exercising your right to object, we will not further process your personal data for these purposes, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing of the assertion, exercise or defense of Legal claims serves.
This does not apply if the processing is for direct marketing purposes. Then we will not process your personal data for this purpose.